Thursday, December 22, 2011

T.W.A.S.

Dear Mom and Dad,
This week at school our class had a lot of fun. I think that the most fun thing the class did was our gingerbread characters. Everybody had a piece of wood cut out like a gingerbread person. After we all got a piece of wood we painted both sides a shade of brown. There were two colours to choose from. One was a dark brown and one was a light brown. But they both looked good. After we painted them we waited till the next day to add details to them. When we finally got to add our details, everybody made an amazing gingerbread person. It was also really great because everybody’s gingerbread character was unique and interesting. Some had hair others had dresses and some had hats. But overall, everybody’s gingerbread person looked great! And our class would like to say a big thank you to Mrs. Loewen for cutting all the wood.
My 2nd favourite thing this week was our gym class. Our gym class was outside in the snow. Unfortunately we had to lie down a lot so I got really wet. But it was still really fun. For warm-up we ran across the field. After warm-up we did relay races. It was boys vs. girls for the races. Both of the races included either lying down or crawling. So lots of people were soaked. The first race we had to play lying down leapfrog. And on the 2nd race we had to crawl under each other’s legs. I thought it was a really great class. The girls won one of the races and the boys won one. But according to the boys, the boys won both of the racesL. Anyways, I thought everyone enjoyed it.
My 3rd favourite thing this week was our science. In science, we finished and edited our 5 pages of information. I am studying droughts. For my 5 pages, I did information, devastation, safety plan, interesting facts, and a glossary. Some people did other pictures that they couldn’t leave out and others did a glossary. But everyone had to do the other 4 (information, devastation, safety plan, and interesting facts). Science is definitely my favourite subject and wish that this unit would never end. But I know it will.
And finally, my 4thfavourite thing. My 4th favourite thing was the Christmas concert. Our class wasn’t in the Christmas concert because it was only kindergarten to grade 4. It was really fun to be in the concert but I can live without it. I thought it was really awesome watching all of the little kindergartens. They are so cute and fun to watch. I think everybody loved it. We watched the dress rehearsal for the concert but I think it was probably just as good as the concert. I thought the grade 4 students were great with playing the recorders. Better than me anyways. I can barely play “Hot Cross Buns”. Fail! I really enjoyed the concert and I hope we get to watch it next year too.
Love, Dana J
I did this blog on the amazing netbooks. They are so great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana, I read your t.w.a.s. and I think it is great!! I can tell you put a lot of effort in to it by all the detail and information. I'm glad you liked our Christmas concert. from, Jensen