Thursday, February 02, 2012

Book Talk

Today I did a presentation during Daily 5. My presentation was on my diorama for a book. The book was called "Secrets in the Sand". Here is my speech,                                                                                   Hi, My name is Dana. This is a diorama based on the book "Secrets in the Sand". The author of this book is named Sharon Siamon. She is my favourite author. This amazing book is mostly about horses. But I would recommend it to anyone who likes adventure, drama, action, danger, boats, oceans, and most of all, horses. Many of you might be wondering why I chose this scene for my diorama. But this scene actually shows a lot. This is probabaly one of the most important parts of the story. As you can see in this scene, Andy goes searching for treasure in his skiff while Kelsie and Jen take care of the horses. (Casper and Zeke). That is what happens most of the time in the story. Andy is always searching for treasure because there is a legend about pirates. Aparently around 300 years ago pirates left a stash of treasure on Saddle Island. But Jen, Kelsie, and Aunt Maggie think it's just a myth. Can Andy proove them wrong? I hope I encouraged everyone to read this series. Thanks for listening.

THANKS FOR READING!
Dana :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job Dana! :)

Ms. Wasney said...

Hi Dana!

What an awesome idea to do a diorama! I love it! I'm going to have to pop by your class and take a closer look! Did you work on this all at home? Was it difficult to make? What kinds of materials did you use? Are horses your favourite animal? Have you read all the other books in this series?

Great job! My class is looking forward to working on Novel Study Final Projects in the next week or so! I hope some students choose a diorama like you!

Ms. Wasney :)

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Dana that was a good book report i hope you do anothr on :)

-makayla

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana, I have never read this series of books but it sure sounds interesting. I really like your diorama, it looks like you put a lot of effort into it. I will look for those books in the Library. From Jensen

Anonymous said...

Ms. Wasney: Answers and comments. Thank you, okay, yes, not that hard..... I just dont like colouring, paper cardboard stones plastic toys hay twigs and a cristmas box. Yes, I absolutly love horses, and not yet. I am on the third book.

Makayla: Thanks so much I am looking forward to see you do a presentation.

Jensen: Thank you. The books are very good and I encourage you to read them


-Dana:)

Anonymous said...

nice job, good work, great diagram

-Tobi