Friday, November 16, 2012

TWAS

This week at school…
We made awesome books in French. They were fun but hard to make. First we had to fold the paper a certain way, and then we had to cut a little bit down the middle. The next part is hard. You have to pinch the sides and then it makes the shape of a diamond. Then you fold all the sides together to make a book.  It’s hard but after you have done all the steps you have an awesome book. The reason we made these books is because we read a different book in French called Bonjour Marc and we are making are own version of it. Mine is called Bonjour Renee and it is about me. I hope we make more of those books.
We read and wrote with are little buddies this week. My little buddy’s name is Carter and she is an awesome reader and writer. I also went with another girl because her big buddy was away. Her name was Kate and she is also an awesome reader and writer. What we did with them was First I got them to read a list of words and then I read the words to them and they wrote them on a white board. Both of them hardly got any words wrong. I can’t wait till we have little buddies again!!!
I got to go to wheelies this week! So did all the other patrols in the school division. It was the first time I ever went there. The first thing we did when we went there was get are roller skates, then we could go roller skating. I fell a few times but I got right back up. There was a snack bar that you could go to get snacks. I didn’t bring any money to buy stuff. Some of the things you could get were pizza, a freeze, popcorn, cotton candy, and some pop. At one time there was a game you could play. It is where you skated around but when the music stopped you had to go to one of the walls. Then the person who plays the music eliminates one wall. The last person there wins. I love roller skating and I love going to wheelies and I hope I can go again.
In gym we played a game called fruit salad. It’s where you are a fruit and when Ms. Vehse calls your fruit you have to run to the other side of the gym and back. The fruits were orange, apple, and pineapple. The last two people back have to go to the fruit salad. The fruit salad is the other side of the gym and when Ms. Vehse calls fruit salad all the people in the fruit salad run half way across the gym and the first three people back get to go back to the other side of the gym. I was SO tired after we played that game. I hope we play that game again sometime.
By Renee   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi renee that was one of the best and longest blog post.
The game fruit salad it was super fun, I didn't have to go into the fruit salad but I was an orange. But one small problem is one of my favorite fruits is an orange

hunter

Anonymous said...

Good blog post Renee.You wrote so much.the fruit salad game was so fun!

From Faith

Anonymous said...

Hi Renee, It sounds like a terrific week at school! I wish I was there for it. I missed you guys while I was away!!


- Jensen