Friday, March 08, 2013

Vibrant Birds



Hello blog readers today I will tell you about James Rizzi because we did some James Rizzi art. Ms Wasney made these funky birds with her class and we thought it would be a great idea to do it too. James Rizzi was born in New York and he was 61 years old when he died. James Rizzi made paintings of buildings with funny faces on them. He was also famous for his birds. This is how we made our James Rizzi birds. You make the curved part of the head (very top), then the beak, then the body. When you finished all of the body you can make eyes, nose holes, hair and wings. You want to make the eyes big but not too big. You outline the bird with black pastel. When you go to colour the bird in you wet the watercolour paper with water then put watercolours (vibrant colours) on the page. YOU DO NOT COLOUR THE EYES IN just the pupil. The artwork turns out very good. You can see all of our Vibrant Birds here on Artsonia. Thanks for reading stay tuned for the next blog post.
By: Hunter J      







15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Hunter!
DID you enjoy making the vibrant birds?
I know I did.

Alex

Anonymous said...

Those birds were so fun to make. I love ow all of them look different.

Renee

Anonymous said...

good job hunter you did a very good write up good work see you on monday bye.

Friday march 8th 2013

By: Felica

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome I had a great time making those birds see you on Munday






Jensen

Anonymous said...

those where so much fun I could do them untill I ran out of paint
Hunter

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are really awesome. I remember doing those in Ms Wasney's class in grade 4.
-Josh M.

Anonymous said...

Great Job Hunter! You did great.
Which art did you like better!
Ryan

Anonymous said...

The art was awesome! It was also fun, did you like doing the art?
--> Cam

Anonymous said...

I remember this art from last year! It is cool with all the colours. My hair is SO wacky!
-Robbie

Anonymous said...

That was an awesome picture
love mommy

Anonymous said...

Hunter, Awesome blog post on James Rizzi birds! One question: Did you like making the birds with water color?
-Riley

Anonymous said...

Woah great blog poast hunter keep up the good work.

-Braden

Anonymous said...

True that Hunter, those birds were so much fun! I really would love to do them until I ran out of paint
--)Cam(--

Anonymous said...

Hi hunter this is felicia I really liked the James Rizzy art I also liked how you can make them silly not searious.

From:;Felicia

Anonymous said...

Nice post hunter!
That was fun! Did you like it?
I like mine but the paint bled a bit but its ok


-Colin