Friday, March 21, 2014

T.W.A.S.

This week at school we started our expert projects. That is where we have to research a thing like an animal or a car or something like that and become an expert. I am doing a platypus. My second idea was doing Jackie Chan the Chinese Karate king. I asked my Dad which one I should do and he said that I should do a platypus. So I did what he said I should do and also I was leaning more to the platypus.

Today we had a presentation where Hailey's Mom came to talk to us all about Down syndrome. At one point she did all of these little thingsshowing us that it is harder with Down syndrome because they have low muscle tone. She picked me to do this one little thing where I had to cut a piece of paper in half with work gloves on. It was CRAZY hard. But would you believe that today was world Down syndrome day.

This week we also learned about one simple machine. The one we learned all about was an inclined plane. It is longer but it is an easier walk or drive to get to your destination. I am excited to see when we work on the gears and the screws. But I remember in a Bill Nye video that he said simple machines are everywhere.

This week we also had an outdoor gym class. In the class we went snowshoeing. On the little kids side there is these huge snow ditches. Me Jerrett and some other kids went in there all the time. If I had to say it was hard or it was easy I would say that it was easy for me. There are some other kids that think that it is hard. I hope next out door gym we can go snow shoeing.

-By Carter

1 comment:

Nick21 said...

Some people think that it is really hard to snowshoe. It is a little when you are on the soft snow but the snow in the back is so flufy that it is like snowshoeing on concrete.