Friday, April 20, 2012

Spring Concert

We have a choreographer in our school for the concert this year. Her name is Brenda Gorlick. She taught us 3 different dances. They were: keep on dancing by Bay City Rollers, We Will Rock You by Queen and Thriller by Michael Jackson. Personally U Can’t Touch This was my favourite.

I got picked to be in Thriller and so did Cameron. I was very happy that I got picked. But it gets so hot in there. There are lots of other songs that people dance to. Here they are: Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend by Marylyn Monroe, Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley, Ring Of Fire by Johny Cash, Hard Day’s Night and Hey Jude by the Beatles. Coat of Many Colors by Dolly Parton, Beat it by Michael Jackson, U Can’t Touch This by MC Hammer, Wanabee by the Spice Girls, Man I Feel Like a Woman by the Shania Twins, Hit the Lights by Selena Gomez and Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga.

We had practiced the concert a few times about 5 or 6 times. First time we practiced in front of the grade ones. The second time it was again in front of the grade ones. The third and fourth times we did it by ourselves. And the fifth and sixth time we did it by ourselves and then Ms. Wasney's class came in to see some of our practice. In the morning on April 18 we did it for the whole school. At 2 o’ clock there was one of the shows I felt kind of nervous but not really. I felt I did pretty good on stage because I was in front. But at the 6:30 concert I wasn’t nervous at all.
- By Myles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved the spring concert because of the variety of dance moves and songs
ETHAN

Anonymous said...

I also loved being part of the whole production and i loved that everybody liked it so much.

-ETHAN