Friday, June 01, 2012

DARE Celebration

Today (June 1st) Our class and Ms. Dodds class had a celebration. This was to congratulate everyone for graduating the D.A.R.E program. We started the celebration by having Constable Dave talk about the program and about our two grade 5 classes. After he finished Mrs. Ilchena talked. Then Jada and I got to read our reports out loud to the parents and the classes. When we were done the audience aplauded and we got bag with a shirt, sunglasses, a hat, and a necklace. We also got a bunch of little papers and stickers. Once we got our gifts Constable Dave gave everyone a graduation certificate. Then all of us got cake, cookies, juice. After this program the most important thing that I have learned is to take care of my body. I honestly don't know why anyone would want to put things like drugs, tobacco, or alcohol in their body when it causes such terrible effects. I am so glad that I had the chance to be in such a fantastic program!
- By Dana




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The D.A.R.E.cellabration was a blast. But i wish that the cake was not frozzon.

-Tobi