Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My Best Friend Will

My best friend Will is a true story and it’s about autism. It’s a book that is really sad for me because some people just don’t understand about it and I want to make a difference to them. Autistic kids are just like us. The authors are Jamie Lowell &Tara Tuchel. Jamie is a girl that met Will in kindergarten. Jamie says Will is really fun to play with and he’s a great kid. This taught me that we should treat people in a good and respectful way. I recommend you should read this book. After we read the book I have learned more about autism like did you know that you’re born with autism and there’s no other way to get it. Everyone in my class including me had a big discussion about autism and differences about people. And I got to say most of the kids here had some really neat questions. Thanks Mrs.Tresoor’s cousin for sending that book all the way from Vancouver.
Bye!
Sincerely Michael :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

micheal nice blog that was a good story.
hunter

Anonymous said...

Michael great blog post! I loved that book too. My favourite part was when Will was drawing snowmen. In the winter i like to make snowmen outside. What was your favourite part?
--> Cam

Anonymous said...

Michael great blog post! I loved that book too. My favourite part was when Will was drawing snowmen. In the winter I love to make snowmen outside. What was your favourite part.
--> Cam

Anonymous said...

Mihael amazing blog post! I hope you loved the book as much as I did.
One question: What was your favourite part of the book
Riley

Anonymous said...

Dear Michael I really liked your blog post. In the winter I draw all sorts of things inclouding snowmen. Was it fun writing about a book you injoy.

From:Felicia

Anonymous said...

Great job Micheal, you told and also explained to everyone what autism is and you explained his story, you did a great job!! What did you think about the book?
Ryan

Anonymous said...

WOW this book was amaising!!! I like this book for so many reasons it wouldbe to long to post! I really ike the idea of drawing snowmen. Good post michael!
---->Braden

@dkotucker said...

What a great book review Michael!!!

I am so glad you all enjoyed the book. I really liked it too! Will has a lot in common with my son Riley who has autism too.

I'm sure you and all your classmates will make a difference in others like Will and Riley.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Tresoor's cousin all the way from Vancouver. :D