Thursday, October 18, 2012

T.W.A.S.

This week at school we learned about the water cycle. We got to watch videos and write down information as we watch the video. We also had to write down something that surprised us in the video. We had to draw a picture and label it that shows a fact about the water cycle. My picture showed how water vapour or gas turned in to water droplets that filled up the clouds and when the clouds could not hold any more it exploded open and created precipitation. When we were finished we got to watch the video again just in case we missed a fact. If we got all the facts we could watch the video just for fun.
In social studies we researched our groups first nations people. But this time we had netbooks so it was easier to find information. When we are done we get to pick two more things we could research about the Sioux clan. Our group is now researching two different facts about our clan. Me and my group Michael and riley got a lot of work done. Since we were all on task the whole time we got to play two number games after. I got picked to whisper a number to Mrs. Vhyse and the class got to guess the number. The second time Sadie picked number. I forget sadies number but my number was ninety nine.
In gym we had to do a lot of running. My partner was Michael. I got a card and Michael got a card Michael ran laps first. I kept track of how many times Michael ran around on his paper. We each got six minutes to run around the gym. Michael ran around the gym eight times. I ran around the gym seventeen times. It was really tiring.
Today we did a small math review to get us ready for the math test on October 24. We had to write numbers in words. We had to also do numbers In expanded form and write down the ones, ten, hundreds, thousands,ten thousands, and hundred thousands. On our purple sheet we had to solve word problems I only got one question done though. The question I got done was asking who’s way of writing the numbers from least to greatest denny’s way or lea’s denny’s way was right I think.
We got to make Halloween silhouettes. My silhouette had a haunted tree, a black cat and a haunted mansion. At first we had to paint on paper and make our paper look like a sunset. The colors I used were black, purple, yellow, orange blue and light blue. I finished my silhouette.
By Branden

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you wrote a lot Branden. I did a black cat in my halloween sihouette too. Would you ever want to do it again?

Renee

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't wait to see them all.
My picture is all differt coluors. How are you going to make the haunted house.

sadie

Anonymous said...

Wow Branden what a great blog post. I also used orange,and purple. Did you like it?

Melina

Anonymous said...

Wow Branden you wrote alot. Did you like the water cycle video?I liked the video.
aidan