Thursday, October 04, 2012

T.W.A.S.

Hello blog readers!
This week at school, we had little buddies! Little buddies are younger kids (grades 1 or 2) that we will do projects or other activities with. This week we read to them, and they read to us. My buddy seems to like non-fiction books, and he likes phys Ed. Our class is little-buddied up with Mrs.Kohuts class. (What a nice circle. I was once a little buddy in Mrs.Kohuts class, and now I’m the big buddy for Mrs.Kohuts class.) This is our first time being a big buddy.
At school, we read a book called “how many jellybeans?”. It may sound like a really weird book, but it is actually really cool. The book is brand new that we got for the school library. We were the very first ones to take it out. I heard Ms.Wasneys class is going to take it out too. The book is all about two kids, both wants more jellybeans than the other. At the end, it folds out and shows one MILLION JELLYBEANS! It’s so many jelly beans!
For art this week, we made leaves out of many different colours of paper! On each different colour, it shows a bit of writing. There are two different categories you can choose from. The categories are either “what I am thankful for” or “what I love about fall”. I did “what I am thankful for”. You can only choose one. You also have a colour choice on the outside of the leaf. The choices were red, yellow, orange or brown. I chose red. I wrote under “I am thankful for” friends. Family. Food. Water. And a few more.
This week in reader’s workshop, we learned a strategy to become a better reader, and get a better understanding of the book we are reading! The strategy is called check for understanding. Every page and a half, page or even two pages, you would stop and ask yourself the same two questions: who, what. The “what” means: what did I just read? The “who” means: who did I just read about? Both questions you are supposed to answer. Later you can tell your friend about it. It’s a really neat strategy!
Blogged by: Alex

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great week that week wasnt it Alex ?








Jensen