Thursday, October 24, 2013

T.W.A.S.

Hmmmmm, what could these words be?
This week at school we had a presentation on recycling!! Dana and Kent came to our school to teach us about why recycling is so important! They did a play on recycling it was super funny!! Kent was throwing parties and he didn’t clean up the bottles and cans!! So Dana got so mad because she was doing a project on recycling and all these bottles could be something so cool!! But they just were going to waste! So Dana started thinking of ways to make Kent understand why recycling is so important! Then one of the bands Kent wanted to host wanted a zero footprint place to perform! But Kent didn’t know what that meant!! So in Kent’s book of party planning for dimwits he finally found out that zero footprints means not polluting and thinking about what we can do to save energy and make our earth a better place! Then Kent started recycling!! It was a really good presentation! And they were so funny!!

Also at school something that was so fun was word work I love word work it’s one of my favourite things at school! Maddie, Anna and I stayed in at first and didn’t find we started to get frustrated because we wanted to find it so bad!! So we kept trying and trying we stayed in again at last Jenny helped to and we all worked together to found it!! We had so many different ways of trying to find it! I was on the white board Maddie and Jenny were using a dictionary to find it I was on the white board Anna was moving letters around and finally Maddie and jenny found it so we were all so happy!! Can you find the word??

Another really cool activity of the week was having little buddies for the first time!! My little buddy is Nathan!! We read transformers! He really likes the transformers! Then he read two books to me! It was so fun I hope we will go back soon!! Nathan is so awesome and he is a really good reader! I don’t remember being able to read that good when I was in grade 1! I hope we will read again next time it’s so fun to have a little buddy! I remember when I was in grade one my brother Ben was my big buddy!
-By Jolene

2 comments:

Keanna said...

Hi Jolene did you like the presentation? I did it was awesome. Is your little buddie nice to you? I know your nice to your little buddie.Have an awesome time with him!

madison said...

Great T.W.A.S Jolene! What books Did he read you?