Friday, November 15, 2013

Design Projects

We have being working on a design project. We worked in groups to make a weather vane. My group was Anna, Alyssa, Braelyn and I. The first time we tested it the arrow pointed the opposite way the wind was coming from. We used a blow dryer as the wind. The wind or the blow dryer would go at two different speeds, one wasn’t that strong, and the other one is stronger. We only got to use special materiel’s like, one wooden dowel , one meter of masking tape, one chunk of plasticine , four straight pins, a ruler, four straws, one piece of manila tag paper, scissors, markers, and a pencil. Our group tested at least four times. All we needed to do was put a circle at the end of one straw and then it was stable and the right end was pointing the right way. I enjoyed making the project with my group. I cant wait for the next design project! By, Keanna

2 comments:

Madison said...

Making our design projects were so much fun! But I wished we could have used more materials. Was your group happy when it worked?

Anna said...

The weather vanes are so much fun! But I wish we had more time to work on them