Thursday, November 07, 2013

Remembrance Day Service


Papa Jack and his medals
Papa Jack, me and Grandma Lois
Today we had our Remembrance Day service. It was about a half hour long and very good. The choirs sang songs like Sing a song of peace and may peace reign forever and we listened to a song called pittance of time. I think that was one of the best songs in the service. One of the other things that happened was a lady representing the Canadian legion spoke about how the poppy came to be a symbol of Remembrance Day.

After the assembly my grandparents came to the classroom. They talked about where my grandpa went during the war. The class asked questions and they answered them. It was nice to have them come by. The men and women that served in the military should always be remembered.
 –by Nicholas

7 comments:

sebastian said...

cool how did your papa get all the badges Nick

carter said...

That was really cool having a guy from the military.I wonder if any of my grampas our grammas were in the amy/miliatary.

Braelyn said...

Hope you enjoyed your time with your family. How are old are your grandpraents. Nick? did you enjoy your time with your grandparents?

Nick21 said...

Thats me, my grandpa and my grandpa He was in the Second World War. On a large anti aircraft gun called a Boafer gun.It is considerd lite artillery.

Keanna said...

Hi thats really cool, how long has your gradpa been in the war? Did he get hurt? I hope he didnt.

jordan 7 said...

That was a very good assembly.How Cool of thease very special people to come to our assembly.
I wonder what it was to be in the military.

jerrett said...

It must be scery to be in the war.
How did you get in the war?