Friday, November 15, 2013

T.W.A.S.

This week at school we did a science project! It was a weather vane, we could only use manila paper,1 meter of masking tape, a wooden dowel, 4 pins, clay, 4 straws, scissors, a ruler and a pencil. It was a group project. Keanna, Braelyn and Alyssa are in my group. We used our clay as our base. Then we taped the directions North, East, South, West. Then we put our arrow on and we put the tape on and made it so no side was sticky so we could attach it to the arrow so it would spin. The arrow had to face into the wind. The wind was Mrs. Tresoor`s blow dryer. The first time we went up it did not spin then we made a few changes and then we went up again and then it did not work so we had to change our idea. Then when I went up again it worked because we put a pin in the middle of the straw and put paper in with the clay. Our sky diving name was sky zone weather drop.

This week at school we did peace art. It was a dove. We had to colour around our finger and make bigger and bigger circles. Then we were done and we had to put what peace smell like feels like and tastes like. For peace tastes like I put peace tastes like fresh homemade sushi!

This week at school we did I.B.L. I am researching water spouts. Mrs.Dent Scarcello and Mrs Tresoor teach us I.B.L. I find mostly all of my information in books. I found a little amount in websites. I am really excited for our finished project. For our final project Mrs. Dent Scarcello showed us a website that makes online flyers. It is called Smore. I don’t think I will use it because I want to see more options.

Next week I am really excited for the volleyball tournament on Monday!
-By Anna

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Nice job Anna I love your twas. I also liked your weather vane. Besides how long did it take to build it?

Ariel said...

Good job Anna. I love the science projects.

Brooke said...

Great job on TWAS Anna! did you have fun doing you design project?

brenda said...

good job anna. I liked reading your TWAS. It sounds like you had a good week.