Thursday, March 01, 2012

AAA Art with Mrs. Kulyk

On Wednesday, February 29 we had an art class with Mrs.Kulyk. It was for an Aboriginal story called Nanabosho and the Butterflies by Joe McLennan and Matrine McLennan that we have to present to people. We had people working on masks,butterflies,backgrounds,blankets and leaves. The story was about 2 babies who never did anything by themselves. They had 8 brothers and sisters who loved them very much and picked them up when they were crying, find them food when they needed food and change them when they were wet. When Nanabosho herd these babies crying he went to find them. When he found them they were laying on the ground crying. Theyre mother was sitting on a rock near by. Nanabosho asked the mother why she was letting them lay there and cry. She said because they have 8 brothers and sisters who love them very much and will do anything for them. Nanabosho asked where they were the mother said I have sent them on errands that will take them all day Nanabosho asked why. The mother said because they never do anything for themselves but cry. So I brought them here so they might do something for themselves.Nanabosho asked if he could help and the mother said as long as you dont pick them up. So Nanabosho took a blanket out of his pack and took some crunched up leaves and spread them out on the blanket,and through them up in the air and the twins stopped crying. he did it again the twins rolled on to there stomachs. He kept on doing it and finally the twins started to walk and the leaves turned into beutiful butterflies. The twins started chasing them and the butterflies flew all over the world and will always bring joy and laghfter to children all over the world. this took us 4 periods to finish all the art. I think everybody had a really fun time making things and helping out because I know I did. Because Riley Mitchell and I made leaves and had to glue gun them onto a blanket.This blanket represents the blanket that Nanabosho pulled out of his pack and threw the leaves up in the air with. I also think that the people working on masks did really well because they look really good. I enjoyd it because I got to work with my friends while I do something that I really like. 
 By Ethan

2 comments:

Ms. Wasney said...

Wow Grade 5s! I can't wait to see you tell this story! I love the video, and also took a peek at your artwork in your room. I think your art is fantastic! We are looking forward to working with Mrs. Kulyk tomorrow!

Ms. Wasney :)

Robert said...

I really liked making the leafs. and then seeing them on the animoto.
Robert