Friday, June 27, 2014

Last Day in Grade 5!

What an amazing year with truly awesome people. There are changes ahead for all of us.....our Grade 5s are leaving our school to move on to middle school and I will be teaching Grade 1 next year! When I announced my grade change to my class, a student said, "You will be great with the little ones, but you better get some Grade 1 jokes, they're never going to get your Grade 5 jokes!" I will have to add that to my summer to-do list.

Saying goodbye.....
to our Grade 1 little buddies.
This year has been filled with lots of laughter, fun and learning. I want to thank everyone for making it so special. The students warmed my heart as I saw them showing kindness to others, working out problems, and being excited about their learning. Thank you to the parents for the continuous support and encouragement throughout the year. It is a privilege to work with your children every day. I will miss teaching with my grade partner, Ms Wasney, who has become a close friend. We will still be doing many things together at BHS so that is a bonus!

As a student said as we were waiting for the bell, "It's the last day of Grade 5 for all of us, even Mrs. Tresoor!" This is true, which means I will be signing off on this blog since I can't figure out how to make "5T Room 30" work when I will be teaching Grade 1 in room 2. Thanks to those of you who have visited and commented on our blog. We really appreciated knowing our learning and adventures were being shared with others.

Have a safe, fun-filled summer everyone!! I will keep you posted on the new blog with my Grade 1s.
- Mrs. T :)

Good luck next year! You will be missed.

2 comments:

brenda said...

i'm going to cry :'( good bye Mr's tresoor and the school i'm crying now T_T

Anonymous said...

Sadly. Everything must eventually end.

~Braden H.