Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Working with Clay

We worked with Mrs. Kulyk on an art project using clay. The first step was getting a chunk of clay and squishing it into a ball. We had to put our thumb inside the ball and move it around to make a bigger hole so it would look like a pot or bowl. There were tools to use to add designs. You had to use some water to smooth it out and to attach pieces to the clay. If you use too much water it will turn to mud. After we were done making the pots they are going to go to the kiln at Robert Andrews School to be fired. When they are done they will look reddish and be solid as cement. We can’t wait to see them. They will look so amazing! They will be special gifts for .........?

By: Brooke and Mikayla 

9 comments:

Nick21 said...

That was really fun. I have worked with clay before so I found it easy.

Ariel said...

Thiat was so fun Don't you?

Leah said...

WOW! You guys can wright alot. Was it hard to write that much?

brenda said...

i love it :) :) :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sebastian said...

I liked your taco bowl Jordan

Anna said...

That was so fun to make!I love making clay stuff, do you?

Jennifer said...

It was really fun to make pot for... I wonder how they are going to look after?

jolene said...

Making the clay bowls was so fun! I hope my ___ loves it!

jordan said...

It was really fun. I made a... for... I wonder if mine will explode in the kiln?