Friday, May 11, 2012

Mad Science

Today we had Mad Science. The person who was here teaching was named Fiona. She had a lot of things for us to do and the number one thing she was talking about was forces all sorts of forces. Conner said the Star Wars force. Then we did things with demonstrations. I did one of them and it didn't turn out very well. Then Amy tried it and it didn't work for her either. There was this little stool that spun and I satt on it and she gave me weights and when she told me to put my arms out I had to put my arms out and when she told me to put my arms in I had to put my arms in. The point is when your arms are out you go slow and when your arms are in you go faster. Then there was an exparement with a small cup, 3 washers and two forks. you put the forks together and you put the washer in between them and you have to balence on the side of the cup just the way Fiona did it. Myles Kelsey Smith and Cameron got it after the first try. It was not very easy for me the first couple times. I finally got it when we had to put it back. Then there was a thing with a bicycle weel she said that you could feel some kind of force that kinda feels like its trying to prevent it from turning. I didn't get to try it.Jessica, Terry, Ashton and Abby got to and the people that were doing it were vibrating a lot. Well mostly Abby was vibrating I didn't see any one else vibrate as much as Abby. Then she gave us a science packadge. We put together a piramide and theres things you could balence on it. There's a pizza made out of paper and it says 1 2 3. There are little paper mushrooms and pepperoni. you have to balence the pizza on the piramide thing. If it falls off the person with most points wins. I thought it was very fun and  I wish I was in mad science. I was glad I was able to learn more about science.  - Kelsey St.

No comments: