Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day of Pink T-Shirts

The Canadian Red Cross Day of Pink is being held on April 9, 2014. This event is about taking a stand against bullying behaviour. The Day of Pink originated in Nova Scotia in 2007. Two students heard that a boy in their school had been picked on for wearing a pink shirt to school. The students decided to take a stand against this behaviour by encouraging their classmates to wear pink. The response was overwhelming. Since then other provinces have held their own Pink Day.

Bird's Hill School will be recognizing Day of Pink on Wednesday, April 9. This year staff, students and families are able to purchase t-shirts for $5.00. Order forms are due January 28th. Thanks for organizing this Ms Wasney. What a great way to show that we all stand for respect!

10 comments:

sebastian said...

I cant wait i am going to by one.Are you going to buy one

caretr said...

I think those are super cool t- shirts. I am going to get one i wonder how many kids in our school is going to get one.

Anna said...

I love those shirts. my family is also getting the shirts too.

jolene said...

I bought a pink shirt too! I hope this will help people who are getting bullied to stand up for themselfs and or friends to help too.

Jennifer said...

I think im going to get my family one. I wonder how many poeple got one?

Andrew said...

Good, stand up for bullying! I hope no other reports come in, becauase that would be bad.

Mikayla said...

I cant wit to get my shirt. I hope its as ink in person.

ariel said...

looks cool mrs tresoor.i like the t-shrit.

Alyssa said...

Go pink!

Braelyn said...

GO pink Yay! How many people bought One?