Friday, January 17, 2014

IBL Weather Projects



In November we started choosing and researching our IBL projects. We used both books and the internet to research our topic. We had to choose an extreme weather condition. You could choose floods, hurricanes, thunderstorms, tsunamis, droughts, tornadoes, lightning and others.

Ryan chose to do tsunamis and Brody chose to do hurricanes. You could also choose how you wanted to present it. The options we could use were Smore, Prezi, Powerpoint, Comic Life, or Symwriter. Lots of people chose to do Prezi. For our research booklets we had to find information for an Introduction, Devastation, Safety Plan, Sustainability, Fascinating Facts and Wonders.
 
We presented our projects in the computer lab in the beginning of January. It was neat because we set up our project and then left it for others to come and look at. Then we got to go around and look at everyone else’s projects. We had to leave a compliment about their project before we left to watch another one. We also had to take jot notes about each project we viewed.

Brody researched Hurricanes and he did a Prezi. Ryan studied Tsunamis for the IBL project and presented it on Comic Life.  
This was a fun project and we learned a lot! Thanks Mrs. Dent Scarcello for all you help.
By: Ryan & Brody

9 comments:

jolene said...

I love doing ibl! This is my third IBL project! I did Droughts. What did you do?

Anna said...

Cool! I made my project on prezi and my project was about waterspouts and tornadeos

Jennifer said...

I liked all the projects they where so cool. mine was about hurricanes I wonder what coments you got

Ariel said...

That is so awesome. I like the way you write it.

sebastian said...

I liked doing my project on Prezi.

Alyssa said...

It was so fun

Keanna said...

Hi. Brody your prezi was great did you have fun making it? Ryan I didnt get the chance to see yours but I bet it was great. What was your topic on?

Karlee said...

Hi Brody and Ryan, Both of your projects were great! Did you have fun making them? I loved making mine!

brenda said...

I love ibl it is fun!!!!!!