Thursday, May 15, 2014

Handbell Ringers






Today we had a handbell presentation. The presentation was in the music room after lunch. All the grade 5s, 6s and my sister saw it. Why did my sister see it? Because our Grandma was in it! Since my Grandma was in it, I’ve seen them practice before. The performance was about 45 minutes long.

They played about 5 or 6 AWESOME songs. One of the songs was “It’s a Small World”. Mrs. McRorie runs the whole thing! Besides running it, she also sang a song from Cinderella. She was really good. Another guy played a song on guitar that he wrote! He did a very good job.


The handbells that they use are $35,000! That’s VERY expensive! Every bell was made of brass. They also have to keep them in a BIG case. Everybody was wearing gloves because if they don’t the oily stuff in your hands can damage the handle of the bell. They also wore rainbow scarfs from Guatemala. The money went towards buying stoves for people who don’t have one in Guatemala. 

The presentation was really neat. I hope they can come back again one time!!!

-Brooke 

12 comments:

Leah said...

I was suprised that they can play "Puff The Magic Dragon." It was a really good performnce.

Mikayla said...

I could not beleave how expenseve the hand bells where. What was your favourite part about watching the people play hand bells.

sebastian said...

I liked the handbell choir.

Anna said...

That was cool. I never new that you could hit bells with mallets.

Nick21 said...

I thought this was really good because they could play really good songs like puff the magic dragon. It was also nice to see mrs.mcrorie again.

Braelyn said...

I liked *Puff the dragon it was catchy. will you all play puff the dragon on recorder?

Jennifer said...

I like how many hand bells they had in the hand bell choir. I hope we will het to see them again. I wonder how many places they preformed at?

Ariel said...


I never knew you could hit the bell with the mallet.

Anonymous said...

hey Brooke I agree that those songs were really good. Did you like the performance?

carter said...

Hand bells are super cool. I wonder how long it would it take to master the hand bells.

Keanna said...

That was a really great proformance wasn't it? I really injoyed watching it. Did you?

Ryan said...

I cant beleave one set of handbells are $35 000.